Well, here we are in Maui for our big vacation...7 days, just us, no Audrey. She is home with Grandma and Nana and probably will be spoiled and not want us to come back.
Today we woke up very early to get to the airport. Audrey was still asleep when we left, but I peeked in on her anyway. Bad idea. I was crying by the time I left her room. Be strong mommy :)
The airport was great, gotta love early morning flights and no lines! Our flight to Honolulu was awesome. We had our own row and it seemed to fly by. No pun intended. We just read and did puzzles the whole way. I borrowed STORItelling from Suzie, mindless entertainment, but I read almost the whole book on the flight.
We landed in Honolulu and had a 2 hour layover. We stepped off the plane to a warm, humid, gorgeous day! Had some lunch at a brewery/restaurant at the airport, yummy Kalua Pork Nachos and some beers. Our inter-island flight to Maui was one of the tightest planes ever, no room at all. Thankfully it was only 25 mins., I could not take much more. Poor Brandon was so crowded. He is such a good husband, he takes the middle and gives me the window :)
We landed in Maui, got out bag (yes just one, not willing to pay a fee for 2 bags, cheapos), then went to get our car.....waited....waited...waited almost 40 mins. But it was worth it, we got an awesome PT Cruiser (insert snicker here). The car is pretty lame, but we laugh about it. There are so many of them on the island, we think of it as the PT Cruiser gang. Don't mess with the PTCG...LOL.
Finally got to our hotel. It is a cute little place, pretty much a mini apartment. Full kitchen, washer dryer, spa tub. Yay!
We got cleaned up and headed to Whaler's Village in Kaanapali. By now we were craving a Mai Tai. We had our first one at Hula Grill. Got 2 seats at the bar and watched the sunset. The Mai Tais were amazing!! The bartender however was recovering from a rough night I think. He was a little out there, but nice and made good drinks. We also had our first Mullet sighting of the trip. And yes, we took a picture.
After sunset, we walked over to Leilani's. Now let me say that the last two times we were here in Maui, I had Mashed Purple Potatoes here. Well, that was 5 years ago and guess what, they no longer have them!! :( I am so bummed.
So we decided to go into Lahaina for dinner and ended up finding a place called Mai Tai Lounge. We liked the name and it was right on the water, so we went for it. We thought, they better have amazing Mai Tai's here if it called the Mai Tai Lounge. And they were awesome!! BUT they were $12 each...yikes! Only one each please. For dinner, we shared some Mahi Mahi tacos and BBQ pork tacos with sweet potato fries. It was really good.
Back to the homestead, we tried to keep ourselves awake until at least 10pm (which is 1am CA time). Didn't make it, fell asleep around 9:30pm.
But, we are on Maui, and it is so great to be back. We are looking forward to an amazing week of couple time. So far, I miss Audrey, but we are doing OK. Ask me again on Wed or Thurs and I may say different. But I have called twice already and she is doing great, didn't even ask about us.
Aloha!!!!
Saturday, May 9, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment